Staining is a common phenomenon in case of granite countertops and even water can stain the surface of granite if left over it for a long time. It is therefore recommended to immediately clean off spills and acidic foods like juices, vegetable greens, cooking oil, wine and coffee as soon as they fall on the countertop surface. Nevertheless, there are a few steps that one can follow to effectively remove water stains from a granite surface without spending a lot of money. Moreover, these steps can be easily performed by the owners themselves without going for an expensive professional assistance.
To perform the repair, you would require several stuffs that are listed below:
- Made-for-stone soap
- Granite cleaner
- Soft cloth
- Dishwashing liquid
- Protective gloves
- Warm water
- Non-toxic sealer
- Non-toxic cleaner
- Pure white vinegar
- Baking soda
To make the granite countertop free of water stains, the granite repair work should be performed step by step in the following way:
1. Assessing the Degree of Damage:
Examine the granite surface and decide whether the repair work can be performed by oneself or not.
2. Cleaning the Affected Area:
The stained surface should be cleaned using a soft cotton cloth dipped in a solution of mild dishwashing soap and lukewarm water. Wear gloves while cleaning the stained surface and after cleaning, leave the stained area for a few hours.
3. Removing the Water Stains:
Spray a few drops of distilled white vinegar on the affected area. Now cut a lemon in two halves and scrub a piece directly on the stain. Further, form a thick paste of baking soda and white vinegar and apply it on the stain. Let it rest for some time and then rinse it off from the granite surface.
4. Applying the Granite Cleaner: Gently rub a good-quality granite cleaner on the stain and then after a few minutes, fully rinse the stain and its surrounding area with water.
5. Repeating the Steps: Polish the granite surface with a branded granite polish using a soft cloth. In case the stain is still there, repeat the 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps. Keep repeating the process until the stains are completely vanished.
6. Sealing the Granite Countertop: Once the affected area becomes stain free and spotless, a quality granite-friendly sealer should be applied. This will help granite countertops to retain its shine for long and make them non-porous as well stain and scratch resistant. Granite countertop surfaces that are used for food preparation should be particularly sealed with a non-toxic sealer.
7. Maintenance of Granite Countertop: Like other natural stones, granite countertops need proper care and periodic maintenance. Light warm water and soft cloth should always be used to clean up any spill or dust. In fact, it is also suggested to always use a granite specific polish, cleaner and sealer. With such measures, you can keep your granite countertops shine like new for decades.
Granite is a wonderful stone and can last a lifetime if cared a little. Since India is a world leader in granite manufacturing and export, it is undoubtedly the best market to get your desired granite variety (more than 100 granite varieties) at reasonable prices. In case you are looking for any particular granite product with customized size, shape, design and finish, you can contact a globally reputed granite supplier and exporter from India like the reputed Regatta Granites India.
The 17-year-old Regatta Granites India has a proven track record of supplying quality granite products worldwide. Dedicated customer service, high product quality, safe transportation and timely delivery are a few advantages of being a customer of Regatta Granites India.