Regatta Granites India strictly follows all the rules of corporate social responsibility for the benefit of their employees. Below are some of the rules and regulatory guidelines that our company follows to ensure a healthy relationship with its employees.
- Regatta strictly follows the “Labor Laws of Government of Rajasthan” (Employment of Children’s Act 1938).
- No child laborer is employed by Regatta or by any of the company’s suppliers, sub-suppliers and other interested division associated with the company.
- Regatta does not force anyone to work for any kind of penalty or repayment of debt.
- At the time of appointment, no deposit is required.
- Employees are free to leave the company after serving their shift.
- Selection Procedure is as follows:
- Regatta does not employ anyone, if he or she is not above 18 years of age.
- We do not ask any labor to work under any threat or coercion.
- Regatta does not force compulsory labor or to keep original identification papers or withhold any part of personnel’s salary, benefits, property or documents to force these personnel to work with them.
- Employees are free to leave their work zone after completing their standard working schedule and can ask for their termination after serving the desired notice period.
- Regatta does not support trafficking of human beings as well as by any labor supplying entity.
- The company follows all the basic health and industrial safety rules.
- Staff members are expected to be neat and tidy on duty and separate washrooms for women and men are maintained.
- Filtered Water is provided to the workers.
- The company premises are kept clean and hygienic, so that workers can lead a healthy life.
- Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) cards are provided to all the regular employees of the company.
- Every department of the company has its own First Aid Box.
- Routine health check–ups are organised for both payroll as well as contracted employees of the company once a year.
- For the employees of production department, earplugs are provided to protect their ears from high noise levels.
- Masks are provided to the workforce of the cleaning and packaging department to avoid any infection from dirt and dust.
- Emergency exit doors, fire alarms and safety alarms are set on every floor and department.
- As part of company’s health and safety measures, following have been employed:
- Conveyor to move the material
- Fire Extinguishers to extinguish the fire
- Gloves for all workers
- Earthing for Electricity
- All the machines are marked with yellow line, which reminds the workers not to cross it while working on it.
- A working committee is formed to carry out various tasks.
- Employees can directly interact with the management regarding their problems or issues at workplace through their seniors or supervisors.
- In periodic meetings, the growth and targets of the company are discussed.
- Employees are free to meet the top management of the company and discuss their job-related grievances that are resolved on the same day.
- The company promotes an easy-going and friendly environment to its workers, so that they can work in harmony with their co-workers and supervisors.
No discrimination in terms of hiring, remuneration, access to training as well as promotion, termination or retirement within the organisation is entertained on the following grounds:
- Race, caste, nationality, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, union membership or political affiliation
- The disciplinary practices are to be conducted as per the Industrial Dispute Act.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed to the employees.
- Corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, or verbal abuse of personnel is not tolerated.
Regatta follows certain rules to bring discipline in the company premises. Such as:
- Employees have to work for at least 48 hours in a week under normal conditions. They are required to work six days a week with Sundays as a weekly off as per the Weekly Holiday Act of 1942.
- The work timing of the company starts sharp at 9:00 am in the morning till 6:00 pm in the evening. An hourly break for lunch; i.e. from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm is allowed.
- Apart from lunch break employees can take two Tea Breaks, one pre-lunch (11:00 am to 11:10 am) and the other post-lunch (4:00 pm to 4:10 pm).
- Employees are benefited with 8 casual leaves and 1 earned leave in 20 working days.
- Practice of overtime is normally avoided by us. It is voluntary and cannot be forced on any employee.
- If required, overtime can be considered on a prior agreement basis. It can be exceeded up to 12 hours per week for which the concerned employee will be paid as per the standing order of the company.
- Regatta follows the Minimum Wage Act of 1948 issued by the Government of Rajasthan.
- No deduction in wages is made for any disciplinary action against the workers.
- All the concerned benefits drafted for the employees by the company have to be followed.
- Details regarding the wages and other benefits to the workers have to be made clear at the time of employment.
- Monthly salary of the workers is either given by cash or by cheque as per the ease of the employee with salary slips.
Management under various departments of the company strive for the welfare of the employee and the employer. Concerned bodies exist within various departments that work in the favor of its employees. Read further to know more about the management system of the company:
- Senior management representative (SMR) is appointed. Irrespective of other responsibilities, he/she ensures that the requirements of the set standards are met.
- SMR conduct periodic internal audits to check the adequacy and efficacy of the system.
- SMR apprises the management about the result of the internal audits.
- SMR works on the performance of the social requirement, so as to improve conditions of the management.
- In performing all the above duties, a non-managerial representative assists the SMR.
- The representative takes care of the health and safety of workers.
- Representative manages to provide personal protective equipment to the workers.
- A health check-up is conducted one’s a year by qualified doctors.
- Workers elect their own representative, who helps other workers in the company by escalating their problems and issues to the concerned management department.
- The representative makes all the arrangements for the welfare of the employees, such as health and safety rules.
- Members of top management take a periodic review of adequacy, suitability and continuing effectiveness of the company’s policy, procedure and performance.
- They also keep a check on appropriate amendments for the improvement of the company and its workforce.
- Major contents that have to be looked upon by management comprise results of the internal and external audits, customer’s complaints, legal requirements, corrective and preventive actions, control on suppliers, collecting feedback from the customers and laborers, social policy and objectives and recommendations for improvements.
Here is a brief about the role of suppliers, sub-contractors and sub-Suppliers. Let’s start with their evaluation.
Evaluation and Selection of Suppliers / Sub-Contractors
- They are selected on the basis of their results obtained from the evaluation test, which is conducted every year.
- The suppliers must fulfill the requirement of the international standard
- They should participate in the monitoring activities of the company related to the social responsibility system.
- They must record corrective and preventive actions taken against the non-conformance.
- Last but not the least, every supplier should be aware of the company’s relationship with other suppliers, sub-contractors and sub-suppliers.
Suppliers, sub-contractors and sub-suppliers are also selected on the following basis:
- Their premises should promote healthy and safe working environment.
- Should not have any sort of child labor; all the workers working should be above the age of 18 years.
- Strictly no to forced labor.
- In the polishing unit; proper measures are required to be taken to control the emission of hazardous chemicals and gases.
- First-aid facility.
- Provision of clean and pure drinking water for the employees.
- If workers are accompanied by their children to the workplace, then they should be seated in the safe and separate place to play.
- No illegal practices should be allowed at the workplace.
- Internal audits are needed be conducted once a year to look upon the maintenance and standards.
- A legally bound written purchasing contract is required to be prepared for meeting the requirements of international standards.
- The written purchase orders have to be understood and implemented by the home workers and all other parties.
- The identities of home workers, quantities produced, and working hours of every home worker should be recorded in details.
- Frequent and surprised visit will be made to ensure that the written purchasing contract is being followed or not.
Addressing Concerns And Taking Corrective Actions
- To investigate, address and respond to the concerns of employees and other interested parties with regard to conformance of the company’s policy and standard requirements.
- Identification of problems, analysis of their root causes and implementation of corrective actions.
- Areas of risks are identified and actions are taken to reduce them.
- The complaints received from the customers and other interested parties are addressed and preventive actions are taken.
- Objectives framed by the organization should be monitored and if not achieved, then potential steps are to be taken bridge the gaps.